How to Be Your Own Valentine Every Day
“Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” – Aberjhani
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I am inviting you to remember to always be your own Valentine EVERY DAY and shower your magnificent self with LOVE.
Loving yourself more is the solution that heals every problem. Amazing things happen when people love themselves more: compulsive behaviors become less interesting, relationships improve, they enjoy their jobs more, they have the money they need, they eat well, they enjoy their bodies more, they get healthier – they experience a world of aliveness and ease.
Make no mistake the #1 relationship in our lives is with ourselves. The most courageous, the most challenging and ultimately the most healing thing you can do is to fall in love with yourself.
So what does Self Love look like and how can we embody this into our everyday lives. Here is what I’ve learned.
Self Love Is:….
1. Listening to our body and nourishing it with the rest, food and exercise it needs, to the best of our ability.
2. Knowing that my well being is equally as important as those I love.
3. Making time to do what we love without worrying if we are wasting time.
4. Letting go of the belief that we are a problem to be solved, fixed, or constantly improved.
5. Remembering that our self-talk has the power to heal and hurt.
6. Trusting that we are exactly where we need to be and at the same time becoming a conscious co-creator of our destiny.
7. Following our gut and divine intuition instead of letting our ego run the show.
8. Allowing ourselves to dream big without those dreams being tainted by perceived limitations or feelings of unworthiness.
9. Accepting all the parts of ourselves, – not just the parts that do things well but especially the parts that don’t do so well.
10. Not beating ourselves up over previous mistakes when we know that we can only learn from the past, not change it.
No one else can give us these gifts. And no one person, place or thing can give us the love and happiness we seek unless we create the space for it in our hearts by practicing self-love.
Nourishing yourself is an inside job!
Have a wonderful day!