Your Powerful Changeable Mindset
How you think and what you feel matters. I say this often in my coaching work because lasting positive change stems from our emotions, not simply willpower or knowing stuff.
Our emotions drive habits, behaviors, even our physiology. They come from our thoughts and belief systems which reside in this incredibly mysterious and powerful thing called the mind.
If those belief systems are faulty in any way they interfere with the way we perceive, feel, act and react to certain situations.
Bottomline, Mindset is everything.
We all have limiting beliefs and emotions. They’re “programs” in our subconscious mind.
Neuroscience estimates that we operate 95% of our lives from subconscious programming.
Therefore the secret to genuine change is taking control of the subconscious mind. The good news is this is 100% doable. The brain is neuroplastic, meaning neural networks can continue to grow, change and reorganize throughout your lifespan. By consciously challenging yourself with new experiences and perspectives, you can form new neural connections — or mindsets — at any point in life.
Five Ways to Become More Conscious and Begin to Reprogram Your Subconscious Mind For Greater Health:
1) Mindful Inquiry: “What am I feeling, thinking and believing in this moment?” Begin to actively challenge your repeating thoughts and beliefs especially the ones that seem so deeply ingrained in you that you may take them completely for granted. Question self-defeating thoughts and create new narratives that are more self empowering. Pay more attention to your internal state of being.
2) Consciously Connect Wth Your Body: The way you feel in your body holds the key to unlocking limiting patterns because over time the body becomes the subconscious mind. In my experience, Kundalini Yoga is one of the most powerful practices for tuning into the sensations in your body and raising your level of consciousness.
3) Feel It Real – Feeling is the medium through which ideas are conveyed to the subconscious, whose primary directive is proving true whatever the conscious mind believes. So use this creative power of the mind for good. This is the power of positive affirmations, vision boards, journaling. . When you generate the feeling state in your body of how you would feel when you achieve your goal, the subconscious mind sets out to create the circumstances to prove that reality.
4) Embrace A Mindful Approach To Your Health – Become more self aware by challenging your typical habits and choose to become more conscious of how they positively and negatively impact your physical, mental and emotional health in various ways.
5) Make The Choice To Adopt Beginner’s Mind – Choose to become a lifelong learner, maintain an open-minded and curious stance toward your life.
For more like this check out this week’s podcast: Going Behind the Screen of Your Life – How To Harness the Power of Your Mind With Carrie Schmidt