There ARE Healthy Shortcuts – My Top 12 Convenience Foods
Despite the explosion of the processed food industry, thankfully we’re actually living in a time where the options for healthy convenience foods have never been better.
To make my healthy eating goals achievable, I have no problem relying on what is healthful AND handy. So why not give yourself permission to “take the help where you need it”.
Here are my top 12 versatile and affordable staples that I keep stocked in my fridge, freezer and pantry that I can throw together for simple flavorful veggie bowls, salads, snacks, sandwiches and wraps.
My Top 12 Healthy Convenience Foods:
1. Nature’s Path Q’ia Creamy Coconut Oatmeal
2. Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Wraps
3. Trader Joe’s Frozen Organic Brown Rice
4. Trader Joe’s Frozen Falafel
5. Trader Joe’s Steamed Lentils
6. Tonnino Yellowfin Tuna Fillets In Olive Oil
7. Wild Planet Wild Mackerel
8. Ithaca Everything Bagel Hummus
9. Mezzetta Pickled Red Onions
10. Explore Cuisine Red Lentil Pasta
11. Organic Frozen Mixed Berries
12. Organic Boxed Baby Arugula