Halloween Candy Issues?
Here are two super quick and easy recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth without derailing your healthy eating goals:
The One Minute Brownie
½ teaspoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons coconut nectar or 100% maple syrup
2 teaspoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons organic full-fat coconut milk from a can (“Thai Kitchen” or”Native Forest” are great brands)
pinch of sea salt
½ teaspoon of dark chocolate chips (“Enjoy Life” is my fave brand)
1. In a microwave safe mug or small ramekin, melt coconut oil for 10 seconds. Stir in the coconut nectar or maple syrup.
2. In a separate small bowl, mix the coconut flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
3. Add the flour mixture to the ramekin and stir thoroughly.
4. Whisk in the 2 tablespoons of coconut milk (or more) until you get the consistency of a thick brownie batter.
5. Bury the chocolate chips in the center of the ramekin to create a gooey chocolate center.
6. Microwave for 60 seconds on high and continue for 15 second intervals until the top is solid. Let cool for 5 minutes before eating. Dig into yumminess with a spoon!
Easy Baked Cinnamon Apples
2 medium Honey Crisp Apples
4 teaspoons coconut sugar or 100% maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped fine
1 tablespoon raisins
2 teaspoons butter or coconut oil, melted
pinch of sea salt
1. Cut apples in half lengthwise and scoop out the seed pocket to create a cavity.
2. In a small bowl, mix the other ingredients and divide equally and fill by pressing mixture down into the apple halves.
3. Wrap each half in tinfoil and bake in 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until soft and tender.
4. Dig in with your spoon.
Remember, you can eat or health and pleasure!