Oven Baked Yucca Fries
- 1 large yucca
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel the yucca with a vegetable peeler and cut into 4-inch sections.
- In a large pot filled with salted water, place the yucca sections and bring to a boil. Simmer about 20-25 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain yucca and cut each section in half. Let dry well on a dish towel or tray. Remove the hard thread in the middle of yucca. Slice into ½ x ½ inch fries.
- Toss yucca with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes until crisp and slightly golden brown on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Season immediately.
Cilantro Honey Mustard
- Serve the fries with a squeeze of lime, a sprinkle of sea salt and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce:
In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons mustard, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped.
Spicy Chipotle Ketchup
In a small bowl, mix 4 tablespoons of organic ketchup and 1 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder