Guilt Free Chocolate Mousse
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (“Spectrum”)
- 1 oz. pure dark chocolate (“Sunspire Chocolate Chips”)
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder (“Navitas Naturals”)
- ½ cup coconut nectar (“Coconut Secret”)
- Splash of coconut milk (as needed to reach desired consistency)
- 1-tablespoon natural vanilla extract (“Frontier”)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place a small glass bowl atop a small pot of water about ¼ filled up. Bring water to a boil and let simmer.
- Melt coconut oil and dark chocolate in the bowl, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture in and blend well.
- Pour into small bowls and refrigerate for 3-4 hours until firm or enjoy slightly warm and soft out of the blender.
Garnish with fresh strawberries, raspberries, cacao nibs, shredded coconut or toasted nuts.