Sauteed Kale with Pine Nuts
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly roasted
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, toast pine nuts for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Fill bowl with water and submerge chopped greens.
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Sauté onion until soft and translucent (5-7 minutes).
- Lift greens out of water bath and add to pan. Sauté until greens are soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and raisins and cook an additional about 5 minutes until kale is wilted and raisins are softened.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts, toss until well combined and serve.
Yield: 2 - 4 Servings