- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons, minced garlic
- 1 large bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups cucumber, small dice
- In a fine mesh strainer, rinse quinoa under cold running water until water runs clear.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, add wet quinoa and toast in pan stirring occasionally until all dry and you smell nutty aroma.
- Add water to sauce pan, salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until water has evaporated (about 20 minutes). Let stand covered for another 5 minutes and fluff with a fork. The grains should have swelled to about 4 cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together the warm cooked quinoa and the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature
Yield: 4 - 6 Servings