Quinoa Cranberry Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup organic creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea or pink salt
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup dried fruit sweetened cranberries
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hemp seed
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
To Cook the Quinoa:
To Make the Cookies:
- Rinse 1 cup quinoa in a fine mesh strainer until water runs clear.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat add rinsed quinoa and 1 ½ cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and turn heat to low. Cook until water is evaporated (approx. 15 minutes). Turn off heat a let stand covered for additional 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and set aside uncovered to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Form tablespoon sized cookies and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place in the freezer to set for about 25 minutes. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Yield: 36 Pieces (approximately)