Plant Based “Tuna” Salad
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can hearts of palm, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ - ¾ cups carrots, small dice
- ½ - ¾ cups celery, small dice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
(makes approx. 1 cup)
In a high-speed blender, blend the following until smooth and creamy:
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews *soak in a bowl of water 4 hours or overnight and then drain
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plant-based milk
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas and hearts of palm. Using a potato smasher or fork, mash the chickpeas and hearts of palm to desired consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in about ½ cup of the “mayo”, more or less to desired consistency.
- Serve on bread of choice topped with leafy greens and sliced veggies of choice; on a bed of greens, in a wrap using romaine or bibb, endive or pair with your favorite crackers.