Mexican Cauliflower Rice
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ cup yellow onion, diced
1 red, orange or yellow bell pepper
1 teaspoon chile powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 16 oz. bag of fresh cauliflower rice (“Trader Joe’s” is my favorite brand)
2-3 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 15 oz. can of black beans
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add onions and peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Add the spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic stir together for another 5 minutes until softened but still firm in texture.
- Add the black beans and combine well for another 1-2 minutes
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.