Delicious Anytime Skillet
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups roasted butternut squash, cubed ** (can use sweet potato or carrot)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 head Lacinato kale, chopped into bite size pieces**
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, roasted **
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil. Add onion and saute for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, squash and cranberries and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook together for another 3-4 minutes until wilted. Add in cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Toss in the cauliflower and combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the pine nuts. Serve warm.
- Make Ahead: Roast packages of pre-cut butternut squash and cauliflower florets lightly coated in coconut oil and seasoned with salt & pepper in 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Can substitute spinach, baby spinach, swiss chard, collard greens
- Add in protein of choice: ground beef / chicken / salmon / duck / bacon
Yield: 2 - 4 Servings